Sugar Glider Info South Africa
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Sugar Glider Info South Africa

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Latest topics
» joey wanted for adoption
Looking for a loving home for my baby Icon_minitime1Sun Jan 29, 2017 11:35 am by Glidermom

» WARNING Hoarder / Breeder
Looking for a loving home for my baby Icon_minitime1Fri Jan 23, 2015 8:01 pm by Guest

» Urgently require a temporary home for two sugar gliders
Looking for a loving home for my baby Icon_minitime1Wed Aug 27, 2014 6:42 pm by Phunna

» I have 2 x baby sugar gliders (female) for sale
Looking for a loving home for my baby Icon_minitime1Wed Jun 11, 2014 5:07 pm by lizabrits

» Sugar Glider Wheels for sale!
Looking for a loving home for my baby Icon_minitime1Sat May 10, 2014 5:13 am by Glidermom

Who is online?
In total there are 5 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 5 Guests

None

Most users ever online was 93 on Mon Apr 12, 2021 4:14 am

You are not connected. Please login or register

Looking for a loving home for my baby

3 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Looking for a loving home for my baby Empty Looking for a loving home for my baby Mon Mar 24, 2014 2:18 pm

petsarepeople

petsarepeople

Hi everyone,

It is with a very heavy heart that I am appealing to you all for help. I need to find a forever home for my suggie. Her beloved cage mate passed away a few weeks ago and she is desperately lonely and depressed on her own and I can't stand seeing her like this.

She is 3,5 years old and she is a very pretty and inquisitive sugar glider. She absolutely adores running in her whodent wheel and cuddling with a fellow suggie.

I am looking for a loving home for Peyton. To a family that will love her and look after her and care for her. She is not spayed and I do not want her in a breeding home. If she is joining a new suggie family with males then they need to be neutered please.

Please help me to find her a home. I know that I can trust my fellow suggie community members. I am happy to send pictures and offer more details to anyone that is interested. 

Thanks!

Ashton
ashtonhayley28@gmail.com

Glidermom

Glidermom
Admin

I am so sorry that you are in this situation.  I will re-post this for you on FB, do you perhaps have a photo of Payton?

I just want to add here that Payton has had a health check and is healthy.

http://www.sugarglider.co.za

moey

Liezl, if it my boys are not too young (I think they are) I would not mind taking her in. However, I do think they are a bit young to be introduced to an adult so maybe another home would be a better option...

Glidermom

Glidermom
Admin

Age really don't play that big of a role, personalities do.  My oldest glider is 8 years of age, and my youngest 5.  When are you planning on having the boys neutered?

moey

Then I might be able to help... My boys are both on their own missions. They do their own thing, except when it's time to sleep. Even then, sometimes on different sides of the pouch. One is definitely more outgoing than the other. They'll eat together and sometimes stay in a similar area of the cage, but that's the closest I've seen them. I actually got them neutered yesterday... Most stressful ordeal I been through... I was so glad when I finally picked them up from the vet!

6Looking for a loving home for my baby Empty Re: Looking for a loving home for my baby Wed Mar 26, 2014 12:31 pm

Glidermom

Glidermom
Admin

WOW!  Ok, you got them neutered.  I'm glad to hear and it sounds like all went well!  It is stressful, always, no matter how many neuters you've had done.

Where did you have the neuters done?  Are you happy with the service?  which procedure did they use?  I ask because it's always nice to know if there are other vets in different areas that we can add to our vets database.

I am sure you can contact Ashton as she is the one handling this re-home.  We gave her a couple of guidelines to fit with Peyton's personality in order for her to make this tough decision.

moey

I went to Dr Russell in Bryanston. Yup, I was happy with the service! He did a standard pom off as he says. He keeps them the entire day to keep an eye that they don't pick at their stitches (that was what stressed me the most. waiting an entire day to see them.) He didn't want them to undergo the stress of an e-collar, so he said that's only for if they start picking at the wound, and should be a last case resort. . My boys are doing well. They were a bit stressed after being at the vet but they are already back to their usual routine. To be honest, I seem to be more stress than them lol. I didn't get much sleep last night. Getting up to see they aren't self-mutilating all the time. Eventualy I just stayed up watching them from about 2 in the morning. Thankfully, no signs of SM! But otherwise, (even though I have no other experiences) I would definitely recommend Dr Russell for a neuter!

Glidermom

Glidermom
Admin

Yay!!! So glad they are doing so well!  I am surprised about the stitches though, last time I know of stitches used for a neuter is about 7 years ago.  They use surgical glue these days.  I am honestly impressed that they are not going for the stitches, wow.

Dr Russel is already on our database, and other members have reported that he is great with the gliders.

Good luck with the recovery, glad everything went well.

moey

I wonder why Dr used stitches... He did say he doesn't see that many Gliders compared to other animals... So maybe that's a contributing factor... But I am just glad it all went all. I'm very proud of my little guys!

10Looking for a loving home for my baby Empty Re: Looking for a loving home for my baby Thu Mar 27, 2014 4:46 am

Glidermom

Glidermom
Admin

Each to his own. :)  I am also happy they are doing so well!  Give them kisses from us!

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum